Research studies tell us that improvements to ductwork in Greensboro homes can reduce HVAC energy costs by up to 20 percent. Duct cleaning isn’t necessary every year. However, having it done every several years can reduce utility bills and deliver additional benefits.
Eliminates Energy Losses Caused by Leaky Ducts
Up to 30 percent of the conditioned air can be lost every day if your ductwork has leaks. Your HVAC service technician will examine your ducts for cracks, holes, and loose joints during a professional duct cleaning. Sealing these leaks will ensure that you’ll enjoy all of the heated and cooled air that you pay for. Consider insulating your ducts for greater ffficiency.
Clears Away Airflow Obstructions
The heated and cooled air that flows through your HVAC system must have a clear path through which to move. Even a light layer of dust prevents optimal airflow. The air that circulates through your system contains small particles that accumulate in ducts over time. This creates resistance to airflow. It makes your HVAC overwork and drives up utility bills. Clean ducts allow optimal airflow. That, in turn, keeps utility bills in check.
Delivers Additional Indoor Comfort Benefits
- Longer equipment service life because your HVAC system is no longer overworking
- Cleaner indoor air because pollution in ductwork has been removed
- Greater indoor comfort because heated and cooled air isn’t escaping through ductwork leaks
- Improved HVAC performance because dirt in ductwork is no longer preventing optimal operation
- Reduced load on your HVAC air filters because dirty ducts aren’t adding pollution to indoor air
At Total Heating & Cooling, Inc., duct cleaning is just one of our many Greensboro heating and cooling services. Call us at (336) 542-5996 to learn more.